Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Green living mantra

Some of the articles displayed......

isn't it green.....living....


Recycling has always been important to me (even before it became “trendy”! I still remember it was in 80’s that poly bags isn’t appeared in Hisar city, I got a yellow poly bag with my purchase from kumar store in Hisar, and then each poly bag was stored and I made yarn out of them and crocheted a rug, very beautiful one! ).

Regarding my ward-robe, I have always off loaded clothes/ stuff to charity (bagful to garbage collectors, and Krishan Parnami Ashram at village Kamari, some-time woolen stuffs to the baggars in winter).

Rag rug

















fabric yarn/strings woven with Dhera




















Some times there are things I cannot give away or are too damaged , rough or worn…. these go in

my rag pile… once in a year or two I get out my


serger and my rotary cutter and make tri layer rags with nice serged edges… I haven’t bought tablemats/coasters/ door-mats/ bed-side-mats in over several years.

Some time, I cut out beautiful fabric pieces from the dresses, and give them to biggners( who couldn’t afford new purchases for practice) at sewing in our NGO’s sewing school.

Its very fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment